- High standards and expectations of students.
- Effective School Leadership
- High Levels of Collaboration and Communication
- Curriculum, instruction and assessments aligned with Common Core standards
- Frequent monitoring of learning and teaching
- Focused professional development
- A Supportive learning environment
- High level of family and community involvement
The Asbury Park School District will provide each and every student with a comprehensive academic foundation. The administration understands that this task cannot be completed without the collaboration of all staff, parents, and community members. In order to accomplish this goal, it is understood that children must be raised in a healthy and safe environment and will seek the cooperation of all available support services. The District believes that all students should have the opportunity to express themselves through athletics, the arts, and other vocational interests.
The Asbury Park School District is committed to laying the groundwork for producing well-rounded young men and women who will have many choices for their future. The Asbury Park School District understands that learning begins at birth; consequently, the District recognizes the importance of starting education early. As a result, we offer an early childhood development program for 3 and 4 year old preschool children in addition to our regular K-12 educational programs. As students come from diverse backgrounds and heritages, the District provides Bilingual Education and programs for Limited English Proficient students and their families. Adults are welcome to our Alternate Learning Center or Evening School. No students having handicaps of any nature will be prevented from receiving a fair and appropriate education.